Network for early career researchers in forecasting
The International Institute of Forecasters has established interest group sections, devoted to specialized domains of forecasting. One of the first such sections will be for early career researchers.
So if you are a PhD student, post-doc, or otherwise a relatively junior researcher working in forecasting, this is for you! The first events will be during the ISF in Thessaloniki in June 2019, including the following:
- ECR welcoming event. A meet and greet event prior to the ISF welcome reception. Refreshments will be provided.
- Panel Session 1: Life after PhD in academia. Panellists: Tanya Garcia (Texas A&M), Rob Hyndman (Monash), Nikolaos Kourentzes (Lancaster), Haiyan Song (Hong Kong Polytechnic).
- Panel Session 2: Life after PhD in industry. Panellists: Diane Berry (Bain & Company), Carla Di Cairano-Gilfedder (British Telecom), Mike Gilliland (SAS), Stephan Kolassa (SAP).
- Drinks in Thessaloniki: A fun evening event.
- Post-conference tour: Join us for the Thursday post-conference tour, a day spent at Meteora.
At least I can attend Panel Session 1, even though I’m not eligible to attend the rest!comments powered by Disqus