In the news
- Announcing the winners of the Facebook Statistics for Improving Insights and Decisions research awards, Facebook Research, 25 January 2019.
- QUT works with ABS to boost use of big data, QUT News, 3 August 2018.
- A big-hearted optimist’: Hans Rosling tributes pour in on social media. 8 February 2017
- Smart-meter data could improve the performance and efficiency of national power grids, Phys.org, 7 February 2017.
- Treasury to seek outside advice for economic forecasts, Australian Financial Review, 21 February 2016.
- Getting to know Rob Hyndman, Monash News, 19 August 2015
- Monash Business School forecaster a big thinker, Monash News, 30 June 2015
- Big Thinker Rob Hyndman Explores The Science Of Forecasting And Prediction, Yahoo News, 29 June 2015.
- Unis ride analytics, data mining boom, The Age, 27 October 2014.
- ABS jobs and unemployment figures – key questions answered by an expert. Interview for the Guardian, 9 October 2014.
- Paying for ABS data: experts warn Hockey idea ‘extremely detrimental’. The Guardian. 9 October 2014.
- Interview for the Chinese website Capital of Statistics. 26 January 2014.
- IEEE Power & Energy Society Announces the Eight Winning Teams for the Global Energy Forecasting Competition 2012. Also here. 8 October 2013.
- Interview on DecisionStats, 9 August 2012.
- Interview on Data Mining Research, 21 October 2011. Republished in Amstat News, 1 December 2011.
- Made to measure but can we trust TV ratings?: Sydney Morning Herald, 23 April 2011.
- May the best analyst win: Science 11 February 2011: 331 (6018), 698-699.
- VCE hub a home for the weird and wonderful: The Age, 13 September 2010.
- 2010 Dean’s Award for Excellence in Innovation and External Collaboration: Monash Business and Economic Faculty News, August 2010.
- Nothing is as easy as it seems: Scientific Computing, 3 August 2010.
- Rob Hyndman receives an HP Innovation Research Award: Monash Business and Economics Faculty News, 12 July 2010.
- Wheels inaccurate: Country News, 31 May 2010.
- Ranking Economic Forecasts: Reuters, 27 August 2009.
- Statistics experts label ISP filtering trials unscientific: 29 July 2009
- Winning the 2008 vice-chancellor’s postgraduate supervision award:
- Peak electricity demand determined by forecasting model, Monash News, 15 August 2007.
Lock me up, The Age, Letter to the editor, 17 July 2007.
OK, I confess. I recklessly loaned my phone to someone I didn’t know well. I also recklessly stopped to help a woman whose car had broken down. Then I recklessly paid for a man’s lunch when he couldn’t do so himself. Any one of them could have been a terrorist. I plead guilty. Please lock me up. I’m a danger to society. I’d rather die in prison for reckless acts of kindness than live a free man in a country where love, mercy and compassion are outlawed.
Rob Hyndman awarded with prestigious Moran Medal, 5 June 2007.
Victorian scientists receive prestigious awards. AAS Press release. 2 May 2007.
Study allays university admissions concerns, ABC news, 19 September 2006.
Pass mark for UAIs but can improve, Canberra Times, 19 September 2006.
International recognition for Monash statistician, Monash News, 30 November 2005.
Canberra ‘loses count on elderly’, The Age, 16 May 2004.