I’ve been interviewed for several podcasts over the last year or so. It’s always fun to talk about my work, and I hope there is enough differences between them to make it interesting for listeners. Here is a full list of them.
|12 April 2021||Seriously Social||Forecasting the future: the science of prediction|
|6 February 2021||Forecasting Impact||Rob Hyndman|
|19 July 2020||The Curious Quant||Forecasting COVID, time series, and why causality doesnt matter as much as you think|
|27 May 2020||The Random Sample||Forecasting the future & the future of forecasting|
|9 October 2019||Thought Capital||Forecasts are always wrong (but we need them anyway)|
There is a new call for papers for a special issue of the International Journal of Forecasting on “Innovations in hierarchical forecasting”.
Submission deadline: 31 August 2021.
- Rob J Hyndman (2021) Quantile forecasting with ensembles and combinations. Chapter in Business Forecasting: The Emerging Role of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, eds. Gilliland, Tashman & Sglavo. pp.371-375, John Wiley & Sons. Abstract Amazon pdf code
- Pablo Montero-Manso, Rob J Hyndman (2021) Principles and Algorithms for Forecasting Groups of Time Series: Locality and Globality. International J Forecasting, to appear. Abstract pdf
- Rob J Hyndman, Yijun Zeng, Han Lin Shang (2021) Forecasting the old-age dependency ratio to determine a sustainable pension age. Australian & New Zealand Journal of Statistics, to appear. Abstract pdf code
- Sevvandi Kandanaarachchi, Rob J Hyndman (2021) Dimension reduction for outlier detection using DOBIN. J Computational & Graphical Statistics, 30(1), 204-219. Abstract DOI pdf code
- Bahman Rostami-Tabar, Mohammad M Ali, Tao Hong, Rob J Hyndman, Michael D Porter, Aris Syntetos (2021) Forecasting for Social Good. International Journal of Forecasting, to appear. Abstract pdf
- Forecasting elements that stand the test of time. (6 May 2021) YouTube More info...
- Seriously social podcast. (12 April 2021) More info...
- Developing good research habits. (23 March 2021) More info...
- Forecasting impact podcast. (6 February 2021) More info...
- ASSA New Fellows Presentations. (25 November 2020) YouTube More info...