Young Victorian statisticians should be attending the YSC conference in Melbourne in February 2013. It promises to be a great event, and the speaker line-up looks first-class (apart from one dodgy keynote speaker).
If you think you can’t afford it, there is good news! The local SSA Branch is offering financial support to selected young statisticians. Applicants must be student members of the Victorian Branch (to join, see www.statsoc.org.au/join.htm). Successful applicants will be given free conference registration. In addition, successful applicants from regional (non-Melbourne metropolitan) Victoria will be given funding to assist with accommodation, up to $200 based on actual costs.
Applications should be sent to the Secretary, Sandy Clarke: firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th November. These should include
- a brief CV;
- a conference abstract;
- a short justification (about 150 words) for receiving support, including what (if any) other financial support the applicant will be receiving.
- The Young Stats Communication Challenge
- Man vs Wild Data
- Statistical consulting with Zombal
- Forecasting research grants
- Update on a StackExchange site for statistical analysis