Last year we had WOMBAT (Workshop Organized by the Monash Business Analytics Team) at the zoo, and MeDaScIn (Melbourne Data Science Initiative) in the city.
This year we are combining forces to hold WOMBAT MeDaScIn 2017.
There will be four days of tutorials (Monday 29 May to Thursday 1 June), and the main conference on Friday 2 June. We have an impressive range of local and international presenters including Yihui Xie (author of Rmarkdown, Knitr, Bookdown, Blogdown and more), Di Cook (data visualization guru), Stephanie Kovalchik (Data Scientist at Tennis Australia), Amy Shi-Nash (Head of Data Science at Commonwealth Bank of Australia), Graham Williams (Director of Data Science at Microsoft) and many more. I’ll be doing a workshop on “Time series in R, forecasting and visualisation” with Earo Wang.
Full details can be found on the web site.
- Friday only: \$330 (student \$70, academic $200)
- Thursday reception and Friday: $400
- Tutorials only (pick 4 from selection of two choices per day, and combine with a friend or two if desired): $1300
- Everything: $1600
There are a only 30 spaces for each workshop, and there are a limited number of student and academic conference tickets.
- Melbourne Data Science Initiative 2016
- Making data analysis easier: Hadley Wickham at WOMBAT2016
- North American seminars: June 2015
- Statistical modelling and analysis of big data
- rOpenSci unconference in Brisbane, 21-22 April 2016