(The following bio and photos may be used in media releases without further permission.)
Rob J Hyndman is Professor of Statistics in the Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics at Monash University and Director of the Monash University Business & Economic Forecasting Unit. He is also Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Forecasting and a Director of the International Institute of Forecasters. Rob is the author of over 100 research papers in statistical science. In 2007, he received the Moran medal from the Australian Academy of Science for his contributions to statistical research, especially in the area of statistical forecasting. For 25 years, Rob has maintained an active consulting practice, assisting hundreds of companies and organizations. His recent consulting work has involved forecasting electricity demand, tourism demand, the Australian government health budget and case volume at a US call centre.
- Director, Monash University Business and Economic Forecasting Unit.
- Director, International Institute of Forecasters
- Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Forecasting.
- Editor, Journal of Statistical Software.
- Previously (2001-2004) Theory & Methods Editor for the Australian & New Zealand Journal of Statistics.
- Editor of the NEP forecasting report.
- Member of the Scientific Program Advisory Group for the Statistical Society of Australia.
- Member of the Scaling committee, Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre. This committee is responsible for producing the ATAR for VCE students.
I am a member of the following organizations
- International Institute of Forecasters (director)
- International Statistical Institute (elected member)
- International Association for Statistical Computing
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics
- American Statistical Association
- Statistical Society of Australia
My Erdös number is 3 in two different ways.
- via Peter Brockwell / Kai-Lai Chung / Paul Erdös
- via J. Keith Ord / Peter C Fishburn / Paul Erdös